Orro Pty Ltd (ABN 72 111 999 663) and all its related bodies corporate (together, “Orro Group”) adhere to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”), including the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) contained in the Privacy Act.
The Privacy Act regulates how personal information is handled. The Privacy Act defines personal information as:
‘…information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.’
Common examples of personal information are an individual’s name, address, telephone number, date of birth, medical records and bank account details.
2. About This Policy
This policy outlines how Orro Group collects, uses, and discloses your personal information.
We understand that your privacy is important to you, and we value your trust. That’s why we protect your information and aim to be clear and open about what we do with it.
By engaging Orro Group to provide you with any goods or services, communicating with Orro Group through email, by telephone, in writing or by using any of Orro Group’s services, including any of Orro Group’s websites, face-to-face conversation or meetings, products and services, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
3. Collecting Your Personal Information
Orro Group collects personal information, such as:
- name, address, and contact details;
- credit or debit account details;
- user IDs and passwords;
- details of any Orro Group goods or services provided to you;
- records of your communications with Orro Group;
- website usage information; and
- information for reference – only with consent.
The primary purpose of collecting your personal information is for Orro Group’s business operations, which includes providing you with Orro Group’s goods and services, communicating with you, and improving and developing our business relationship with you. Orro Group also collects personal information for marketing purposes, including telemarketing. We may also collect your personal information through third parties, including our third party marketing providers.
Personal information is only collected:
- if necessary for Orro Group’s operations; and
- by lawful and fair means.
Orro Group takes reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
- the likely use of the information;
- your right of access to the information;
- the identity and contact details of the organisations to whom we disclose personal information, including the ATO, our legal advisers if and when required, work photos and/or information about staff members to LinkedIn and Yammer;
- any law requiring collection of the information; and
- the main consequences of failure to provide the information.
Our web servers may automatically collect information when you visit our websites, including:
- your IP address;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the parts of our website you access during your visit;
- your actions on our website; and
- the browser you are using.
Please note that rejecting cookies may mean that some or all of the functions on our website will not be available to you.
The Orro Group website may contain links to other websites. When you access a website other than our website, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
5. How We May Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
Orro Group discloses personal information:
- to third party contractors, who help us conduct our business; or
- for the primary purpose for which it was collected; or
- where the individual would reasonably expect this; or
- where the individual has consented; or
- for direct marketing by Orro Group.
Orro Group does not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law.
Orro Group will not sell or license any personal information that it collects from you.
6. Direct Marketing
Where Orro Group conducts direct marketing, we provide you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing and include our contact details and opt out procedures in all direct marketing. You may also opt out of direct marketing by using the contact details outlined below.
7. During Employment
As a business, Orro Group is required to ensure that all employees are suitable for their nominated role and comply with all applicable laws and regulations (such as the right to work in Australia). If you are an employee of Orro Group or a contractor (with full-time, part-time or casual status), Orro Group may:
- collect personal information, including sensitive information (such as health information), about you with your consent;
- disclose your personal information to government agencies, if required or authorised by law;
- keep records of your time worked and whereabouts (for payroll and security purposes and as part of Orro Group’s internal operational requirements) – this is undertaken using available technology;
- use CCTV and surveillance equipment as part of the security requirements of our business – biometric information about employees may be collected using this equipment, with your consent;
- with consent, disclose information for references;
- use personal and psychological assessments (undertaken with consent) to establish job suitability and training requirements;
- utilise background and security checks – this may require cross border personal information exchange with authorised agencies; and
- keep your employment records on file for legal purposes after you have ceased your engagement with Orro Group. Any such information on file is treated as confidential with limited access. This includes (but is not limited to) records such as [biometric personal records] medical records and other personal information which is received, communicated and/or provided to Orro Group in a solicited manner and with your knowledge.
8. Accurate and Up-to-date Information
Orro Group takes steps to ensure personal information is accurate and up-to-date by updating its records whenever changes to the personal information come to its attention. Orro Group disregards information which seems likely to be inaccurate or out-of-date by reason of the time which has elapsed since it was collected, or by reason of any other information in its possession.
9. Security of Your Personal Information
Orro Group protects personal information from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronicformat, and by appropriate physical and communications security. As part of our information security management system, we continuously validate and update our contracts. Any data that is being destroyed is disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of information in an appropriate manner.
10. Dealing with Unsolicited Information
Orro Group takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed immediately. Any unsolicited personal information or information received will be addressed and affected entities will be notified.
11. Access to Your Personal Information
Orro Group acknowledges that individuals have a general right of access to information concerning them, and to haveinaccurate information corrected. If you wish to access or correct any personal information Orro Group holds about you, please contact Orro Group’s Privacy Officer using the details outlined below. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
For most requests, your information will be provided or updated free of charge, however, we may charge a reasonable fee if you request requires a substantial effort on our part.
If we refuse to provide you with access to or correction of your personal information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the APPs (unless it would be unreasonable to do so).
12. Anonymity When Dealing with Orro Group
Orro Group allows individuals the option not to identify themselves when dealing with us, where practicable. If you decide to interact with Orro Group anonymously, the products and/or services we are able to provide to you, and how we interact with you, may be limited.
13. Cross-border Disclosure
Your personal information may also be processed by or disclosed to employees or other third parties operating outsideof Australia, who work for Orro Group in other countries, or by the representatives and employees of Orro Group’s parent company.
Where Orro Group discloses your personal information overseas, Orro Group will take reasonable steps, in the circumstances, to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach privacy laws in relation to your personal information (“the Required Steps”).
The Required Steps do not apply if you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient. By supplying your personal information to Orro Group, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient and agree that the Required Steps do not apply. If you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient, the overseas recipient will not be accountable under the Privacy Act, and you will not be able to seek redress for breaches by the overseas recipient under the Privacy Act.
Orro Group, due to the nature of its business, may from time to time send, receive or monitor information outside Australia. The nature of such information is limited to business and operational activities. In addition to Australia, Orro Group is currently owned and operates from the Philippines and the United Kingdom and personal information may be disclosed to Orro Group companies located in these countries.
14. Collecting Sensitive Information
Orro Group does not collect sensitive information of customers. Collection of employee sensitive information is outlined under the “During Employment” section above.
15. Who Should You Contact for Further Information?
To contact our Privacy Officer if you have an enquiry or a complaint about the way we handle your personal information, or to seek to exercise any of your privacy rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, please use the following details:
Privacy Officer, Orro Group
L11/423 Pennant Hills Road, Pennant Hills, NSW 2120
Phone: 1300 900 000
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may escalate your request or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
16. How This Policy Changes
This policy may change from time to time. A current version of this policy will be published on Orro Group’s website or may be obtained free of charge upon request.
We are a multi-disciplinary technology powerhouse, committed to keeping our customers secure and connected. We partner with our customers to boldly embrace the challenges of tomorrow, ignite innovation, and facilitate growth.
Our customers don’t just trust us to keep them productive and secure today, but to prepare them for what’s next, to grow with them over time and to collaboratively shape their future.
With deep expertise in multiple facets of technology, our customers rely on us to provide them with strategic advice and guidance, helping them make smart moves towards a secure future
Our versatile suite of skills enables us to tackle complex challenges for our customers, providing them with complete business solutions that draw from our vast pool of expertise and resources.