Technical Manager – Penetration Testing
We are looking for a Technical Manager – Penetration Testing to join our growing team in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture in which team members are expected to be proactive, self-sufficient and hands on. You will be part of a highly motivated team of over-achievers and management of new and existing clients.
Who is Orro?
Orro is an Australian technology success story. A platform-enabled, secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility and resilience. Our end-to-end, platform-enabled solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. Therefore, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
What is the role?
- Technical leadership, development and management of the technical assurance team across Red Teaming, Penetration Testing, Incident Response and Threat Hunting activities
- Oversee, monitor and ensure the team is adequately trained, certified and capable of performing their job to a high technical standard
- Key technical contact point for the team during projects, adhoc requests and escalations
- Understand, evaluate and improve upon existing processes and approaches to technical testing, documentation and delivery
- Ability to research and create unique client-focused testing plans for both common and uncommon testing types
- Recruit, hire and uplift new staff to meet Orr Group’s technical requirements
- Coordinate staff and projects to respond to technical emergencies and incidents
- Delegate technical responsibilities and monitor project outcomes and deliverables
- Perform detailed, technical quality assurance activities to ensure we are delivering high quality results for our clients
- Hands-on technical Red Teaming, web application penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, mobile application testing, wireless configuration reviews, code reviews and other security assurance activities
- Ongoing contribution to the security assurance strategies, tools and practices to maintain efficient and effective outcomes for our clients
We are looking for someone who enjoys fast pace nature of a dynamic and growing organisation, who is hungry and proven, who has a ‘Whatever it takes attitude – Not the clock-on/clock-off type’ and will have a good mix of the following skills, knowledge & experience.
- Linux use and administration
- Scripting in python, bash / unix tools
- Web application development (any languages)
- Networking – routing and diagnostics, firewalls
- Vulnerability discovery, scanning, testing
- Log analysis and SIEM
- Web server and desktop security solutions – e.g. WAF, RASP, EDR
We are looking for someone who enjoys fast pace nature of a dynamic and growing organisation, who is hungry and proven, who has a ‘Whatever it takes attitude – Not the clock-on/clock-off type’ and will have a good mix of the following skills, knowledge & experience, which will set you apart from other applicants:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to a plan and budget
- Ability to think creatively and laterally in complex situations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to achieve security clearances
- Knowledge of emerging security techniques, vulnerabilities and approaches
- Knowledge across a variety of platforms, operating systems and networked environments
- Experience working as a technical penetration tester and/or technical manager across abroad range of systems and services
- Experience performing quality assurance activities with an understanding of the underlying impact of technical security problems
- Experience across Red Teaming, Wi-Fi security assessments, mobile penetration testing, web application penetration testing, infrastructure penetration testing, privilege escalation, exploitation or lateral movement techniques
- Experience participating in Capture The Flag (CTF), boot-to-root or other hacking challenges and competitions is a plus
- Relevant industry certifications or other self-study (CREST CRT / CCT, OSCP / OSCE etc)
Note: The role is restricted to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents only and will be subject to state and federal police background checks.
Why should you work for us?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company, and we offer you:
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history.
- A range of employee benefits including 3 x paid volunteer days, internet/mobile allowances, novated leasing, employee discounts, wellbeing platform etc.
- Opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further.
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a covering letter through the link below. Your covering letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.