Systems Availability Specialist – Cloud Services
We are looking for an experienced Systems Availability Specialist in our Cloud Services Group to join our growing team in Sydney. We will consider candidates in Brisbane and Melbourne, if the right fit.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture in which team members are expected to be proactive, self-sufficient and hands on. You will be part of a highly motivated team of over-achievers responsible to provide technical expertise and software/hardware lifecycle management of the Orro backup environment and it’s dependencies including managing Disaster Recovery processes and testing in line with our ISO 9001 requirements.
Who is Orro?
Orro is an Australian technology success story. A platform-enabled, secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility and resilience. Our end-to-end, platform-enabled solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. Therefore, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
What is the role?
This position provides technical expertise and software/hardware lifecycle management of the Orro backup environment and it’s dependencies including managing Disaster Recovery processes and testing in line with our ISO 9001 requirements. In addition, this position will provide Level 3/4 technical expertise to customer backup platforms and architect solutions that suit specific customer environments. This position will work closely with the Shared Services team in ensuring all Servers and platform components are securely backed up as per agreed retentions and schedules, and that SLA’s are met across the environment. The role responsibilities include but Is not limited to:
- Daily management and monitoring of Orro backup platforms in line with SLAs
- Point of call for remediation and/or resolution of events that require hands on within the Orro environment, whether at site or in a Data Centre.
- Work closely with contracted vendors and business unit stakeholders with relation to the Orro strategic backup solution partnership
- Improve and maintain the speed and efficiency of existing platforms, with a mindset for continuous improvement
- Perform scheduled and regular patching and upgrades of the backup platforms including:
- a). Vendor application updates
- b). Windows patching with consideration of impact to running workloads
- c). Platform stability fixes
- Document all changes to ensure open understanding of the platform within the Orro business
- Work as part of the Shared Services team.
- After hours work will occasionally be required
We are looking for a well organised professional, with initiative, enthusiasm and a collaborative attitude and will have a good mix of the following skills, knowledge & experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working within and administering Veeam Backup and Recovery within enterprise environments.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Server and Storage infrastructure such as HPE
- Come from an existing background of Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Industry experience in implementing backup and disaster recovery solutions with other vendors such as Storagecraft, Commvault and Avamar
- Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE)
- Minimum MCSA or equivalent, in currently Microsoft supported Server version.
- HPE Certifications desired
- Certifications in Storage Array vendors desired
- ITIL foundation certificate (or equivalent experience) considered an advantage
- Valid driver’s license.
- Tertiary Qualifications in IT Industry considered an advantage.
- Other industry certifications considered as an advantage.
Why should you work for us?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company, and we offer you:
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing national organisation
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate
- A competitive remuneration package
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history
- A range of employee benefits including 3 x paid volunteer days, internet/mobile allowances, novated leasing, employee discounts, wellbeing platform etc.
- Opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a covering letter through the link below. Your covering letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.