System Administrator – Digital Networks
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our Infrastructure Team in Brisbane.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture in which team members are expected to be proactive, self-sufficient and hands on. You will be part of a highly motivated team of over-achievers that provides a range of associated products and services requiring an extensive critical systems/server Infrastructure environment.
Who is Orro?
Orro is an Australian technology success story. A platform-enabled, secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility and resilience. Our end-to-end, platform-enabled solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. Therefore, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
What is the role?
The successful applicant will be a flexible, team-focused self-starter who is intelligent and motivated to build a better network solution for tomorrow. You must have the ability to work under pressure, be a multi-tasker, and possess a creative edge for problem solving.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team with responsibilities to ensure high availability and resiliency of critical hosted systems supporting staff and customer solutions. Your primary responsibility will be driving continuous improvement activities in the Systems Administration for Windows Desktop/Server and Linux Systems.
- Linux Administration / Installation / System Hardening
- Windows Desktops and associated peripherals
- Security patching
- Strong team ethics
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
- Previous experience working in a customer facing role in a project/support capacity
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (internal and external clientele)
- A strong security focus and ability to develop processes and procedures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Database services – mySQL, inFlux
- Device and loud monitoring technologies – SNMP, webhooks
- Powershell scripting
- Nagios/Icinga configuration for device monitoring
- Ansible Configuration for deployment and patching automation
- Virtualisation Technologies – Vmware, HyperV, KVM, Docker
- Secure Authentication Services – LDAP, Radius, SSL, Certificate Authorities
- Networking Technology and Services (DNS, DHCP, routing concepts)
- Desktop Support of Windows based workstations
Why should you work for us?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company, and we offer you:
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing national organisation
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate
- A competitive remuneration package
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history
- A range of employee benefits including 3 x paid volunteer days, internet/mobile allowances, novated leasing, employee discounts, wellbeing platform etc.
- Opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a covering letter through the link below. Your covering letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.