Support Engineer L2 – Network Services
We are looking for a Permanent Full-Time Support Engineer L2 – to join our growing team in Sydney.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture in which team members are expected to be proactive, self-sufficient and hands on. You will be part of a highly motivated team that provides a range of associated products and services requiring an extensive critical systems/server Infrastructure environment.
Who is Orro?
Orro is an Australian technology success story. A platform-enabled, secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We are the combination of 5 companies with over 20 years of experience, who each bring subject matter expertise and depth of knowledge to any conversation and solution.
We lead the industry in designing, building and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility and resilience. Our end-to-end, platform-enabled solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses and over 20 million Australians every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. Therefore, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
What is the role?
As part of a team-wide responsibility, a Support Engineer is accountable for the elevated operational function and support of a key client network environment during the migration of infrastructure and applications between client data centres. You will work closely with other areas of the program to provide support during migration planning, testing and preparation. You must be flexible, as this role also includes responding to any outages that may occur after hours in a diligent manner. Based in Sydney, you will be expected to attend the customer site for meetings, lab testing and providing onsite support from time to time. Travel to Orro’s data centre sites and interstate offices may be required on occasion.
Your role responsibilities include:
- Technical ownership of Network and Voice support Incidents and Problems, driving resolutions during DC and UC migrations.
- Support for incident management and Level 1 support teams.
- Responsible for ensuring documentation remains current.
- Manage Orro’s equipment installed within the customers network ensuring that agreed standards and capacity are maintained.
- Attend daily support stand-up meetings, and other operational forums as required.
- Ensure timely and accurate compliance with company policies and procedures, provision of business data and development of business performance reports.
- Ensure database accuracy and relevance to service & device records specifically the engineering aspect of this data.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The following skills, knowledge and experience are highly desirable but not mandatory:
- Skills and experience including:
- Deploying and supporting Cisco networking and voice equipment Cisco ASR, Nexus
- Troubleshooting and management of Cisco networks
- Network routers, switches, WiFi and UC
- SD-WAN technologies. Cisco Meraki, Cisco Viptela & Fortinet SD-WAN
- SNMP, IP SLA
- Firewall technologies. Juniper, Fortinet, Cisco ASA
- Network Management tools. SolarWinds, Splunk
- Call Recording Server and Video System
- Understanding of the main telecommunications carriers and integrator technologies and products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 5 years networking experience in a service provider or large enterprise is highly desirable.
- Skills and experience including:
Why should you work for us?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company with a wealth of experience and expertise. We welcome and celebrate Diversity of perspectives, background, and experience. This is what leads us to be and employer of choice. We are a company that takes its Corporate Social Responsibility seriously and tries its best to positively impact the society and the environment in all possible ways. Here’s a glance of what we offer you:
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing national organisation – we were named Fortinet’s APAC Partner of year for 2021.
- Orro was named in the Australian Financial Review’s “Fast 100 list”, a list that includes some of the fastest growing companies for 2021.
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate.
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- An opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further.
Other employee benefits including public holiday swaps to support family responsibilities and diversity with religious holidays. Parental and caregiver leave policies, flexible working, Orro-wide mentoring program, and an emerging leader’s development program.
We also give 3 x paid volunteer days, novated leasing, employee discounts, access to our wellbeing platform providing exercise programs and food tips to help you reach your health and fitness goals!
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a cover letter through the link below. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.