Service Desk Engineer – Cloud Services Group
We are looking for an experienced Service Desk Engineer Level 2 to join our Cloud Service Team in Sydney.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture in which team members are expected to be proactive, self-sufficient and hands on. You will be part of a highly motivated team and will perform onsite and remote desktop and server support as part of a team. Support includes all aspects of maintenance, end user support, and implementation/upgrade of existing or new equipment to various customer SOE standards.
Who is Orro?
Orro is an Australian technology success story. A platform-enabled, secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility and resilience. Our end-to-end, platform-enabled solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. Therefore, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
What is the role?
The successful applicant will be a flexible, team-focused self-starter who is intelligent and motivated to build a better network solution for tomorrow. You must have the ability to work under pressure, be a multi-tasker, and possess a creative edge for problem solving.
- Manage escalated support from Level 1 support engineers to resolution or escalation to Level 3 engineers.
- Provide efficient and effective responses and resolutions to meet SLA targets.
- Perform service requests including administration, software and hardware provision.
- Provide the design and delivery of projects across technologies such as Windows Server, Exchange, O365 and platforms (VMWare and Citrix)
- Manage hosted customer dedicated servers.
- Work as part of a team developing Orro Smart Options – Managed Services Solution.
- Assist and maintain customers MS Windows server environment during nominated windows.
- On call is required of this role after a period.
- Please note that answering incoming phone calls during busy periods may be required.
- Mentoring the Level 1 Support Team
- Training of Level 1 Support Team
- Minimum 2 years in Level 2 or higher support roles.
- Proactively supported Windows desktops, server environments and active directory.
- Experience as a team member of a call centre based environment.
- Experience in delivery of Managed Services solutions
- Possess the ability to set priorities according to company policy and Management direction.
- Possess confident and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Display an attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
- Customer focused phone manner and ability to relate to all levels of customer.
- Ability to track and record your time in the internal Support Application
- Abide by CustomTec written company policies and procedures.
- Appreciate the impact of problems on the customer and how problems impact individuals work.
- Be able to work autonomously and display initiative in a calm and efficient manner.
Why should you work for us?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company, and we offer you:
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing national organisation
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate
- A competitive remuneration package
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history
- A range of employee benefits including 3 x paid volunteer days, internet/mobile allowances, novated leasing, employee discounts, wellbeing platform etc.
- Opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a covering letter through the link below. Your covering letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.