Senior UC Engineer – Network Services
We are looking for a Senior UC Engineer in our Network Services Group to join our growing team in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture in which team members are expected to be proactive, self-sufficient and hands on. You will be part of a highly motivated team of over-achievers charged with managing your own project portfolio.
We are Orro
Orro is an Australian technology success story with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and internationally in the Philippines and UK. Orro is a secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building, and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility, and resilience. Our end-to-end solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses and over 20 million Australians every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. So, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
About the role
Reporting to the Delivery Architect and Team Lead, a Senior UC Engineer is responsible for delivering solutions to challenging customer problems. You will be an advocate of Orro’s One Touch Control (OTC), responsible for promoting the benefits of the system and contributing with innovative ideas to continuously enhance it. As a Senior member of the team, you are expected to assist educate and energise the team throughout the engineering lifecycle.
Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the long-term product and solution strategy for Orro.
- Produce project documentation, including network designs, implementation plan, test plans and as built.
- Provide thought leadership to the OTC development team around API integration of vendors platforms, including initiating lab environments for testing orchestration and monitoring processes.
- Support pre-sales on technical responses for bids and proposals.
We are looking for a well-organised professional, with initiative and enthusiasm. You will have at least 5 years of relevant experience and will have a good mix of the following skills, knowledge & experience:
- Excellent Cisco Collaboration Products skills and experience (Communications Manager, Unity Connection, IM&P, Expressway, Contact Centre Express, Attendant Console, CUBE, Webex Calling, Webex Contact Centre).
- Demonstrated experience in Cisco networking platform routing, switching and firewalls.
- Deep level of understanding of voice technologies: Enterprise Voice configurations, policies, and routing over a complex WAN infrastructure (SBC, SIP, Media Gateways, VoIP, ISDN, PBX, Codecs, QoS), video and mobility.
- Additional Skills and Experience (Coding and API skillsets, Datacentre network technologies)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability in proactively building relationships with key stakeholders/ customers, peers, and colleagues.
- Formal tertiary qualifications in IT or related fields.
- Cisco certifications (CCNP/ CCIE) is highly desirable.
- Ability to work in a team and delegate or receive duties delegated.
- Ability to present and convey technical ideas and solutions simply and logically
Note: This role is subject to state and federal police background checks.
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company with a wealth of experience and expertise. We welcome and celebrate diversity of perspectives, background, and experience. We are committed to creating a workplace that supports diversity of all cultures including LGBTQI and those living with a disability including those on the autism spectrum.
If you require any assistance with submitting your application or need to discuss reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
We are also a company that takes its Corporate Social Responsibility seriously and we try our best to positively impact society and the environment in all possible ways. You can review some of our initiatives here.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing national organisation – we were recognised as one of Australia’s fastest growing companies, making the 2021 AFR Fast100 list.
- Orro was also named Fortinet’s APAC Partner of the Year 2021.
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate, and operate.
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- An opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further.
We also support our staff and their loved ones in a variety of ways, including public holiday swaps to support family responsibilities and diversity with religious holidays. Parental and caregiver leave policies, flexible working, Orro-wide mentoring program, and an emerging leaders development program. Additionally, we give 3 x paid volunteer days, novated leasing, employee discounts, as well as access to our wellbeing platform providing exercise programs and food tips to help you reach your health and fitness goals!
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a cover letter through the link below. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.