Senior Support Engineer (Contractor) – Network Services
We are looking for a Senior Support Engineer – to join our growing team in Sydney on a 6-month contract.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture in which team members are expected to be proactive, self-sufficient and hands on. You will be part of a highly motivated team that provides a range of associated products and services requiring an extensive critical systems/server Infrastructure environment.
Who is Orro?
Orro is an Australian technology success story. A platform-enabled, secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to meet the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility and resilience. Our end-to-end, platform-enabled solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. Therefore, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
What is the role?
As part of a team-wide responsibility, a Senior Support Engineer is accountable for the elevated operational function and support of a key client network environment during the migration of infrastructure and applications between client data centres. You will work closely with other areas of the program to provide support during migration planning, testing and preparation. You must be flexible, as this role also includes responding to any outages that may occur after hours in a diligent manner. Based in Sydney, you will be expected to attend the customer site for meetings, lab testing and providing onsite support from time to time. Travel to Orro’s data centre sites and interstate offices may be required from time to time.
Your role responsibilities include:
- Technical ownership of Network and Voice support Incidents and Problems, driving resolutions during DC and UC migrations.
- Support for incident management and Level 1 and Level 2 support teams.
- Responsible for ensuring documentation remains current.
- Manage Orro’s equipment installed within the customers network ensuring that agreed standards and capacity are maintained.
- Attend daily support stand-up meetings, and other operational forums as required.
- Ensure timely and accurate compliance with company policies and procedures, provision of business data and development of business performance reports.
- Ensure database accuracy and relevance to service & device records specifically the engineering aspect of this data.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The following skills, knowledge and experience are highly desirable but not mandatory:
- Skills and experience including:
- Deploying and supporting Cisco networking and voice equipment Cisco ASR, Nexus
- Troubleshooting and management of Cisco networks
- Network routers, switches, WiFi and UC
- SD-WAN technologies. Cisco Meraki, Cisco Viptela & Fortinet SD-WAN
- SNMP, IP SLA
- Firewall technologies. Juniper, Fortinet, Cisco ASA
- Network Management tools. SolarWinds, Splunk
- Call Recording Server and Video System
- Understanding of the main telecommunications carriers and integrator technologies and products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 10 years networking experience in a service provider or large enterprise is highly desirable.
- Skills and experience including:
Why should you work for us?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company, and we offer you:
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing national organisation
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate
- A competitive remuneration package
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a cover letter through the link below. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.