Senior Network Engineer – SD-WAN (Meraki, Fortinet, Viptela)
We are looking for experienced customer facing Senior SD-WAN Network Engineers to join our expanding project team.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture in which team members are expected to be proactive, self-sufficient and hands on. You will be part of a highly motivated team of over-achievers charged with the responsibility of deploying new SD-WAN/SDA/LAN/WIFI stacks to major enterprise accounts. You will be responsible for technical leadership within project group to which you are assigned, as well as ensuring there is sufficient supporting documentation for the support team to take on day 2 support.
Who is Orro?
Orro is an Australian technology success story. A platform-enabled, secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility and resilience. And our end-to-end, platform-enabled solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses every day.
But we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. So we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
What is the role?
The successful applicant will be a flexible, team-focused self-starter who is intelligent and motivated to build a better network solution for tomorrow. You must have the ability to work under pressure, be a multi-tasker, a problem solver and possess a creative edge for problem solving.
We are expanding and looking for multiple engineers skilled in the following technologies to help deploy and support large SD-WAN focused projects:
Orro is focused on developing our industry leading One Touch Control (OTC) platform to deliver customer benefits using DevOps and reducing the challenges associated with operating complex networks. Using a combination of SD-WAN technologies and vendor API tools, we strive to deliver a single pane of glass across all the technology stacks and carrier services we deploy and support.
We need engineers with this forward ‘DevOps’ thinking to continue the evolution of OTC and bring your ideas to life by working with our OTC developers. A key part of the role is to ensure the technical solutions you are deploying are onboarded to OTC (using existing tools) to allow a seamless transition of the project into our BAU support team.
- Routing & Switching knowledge
- Wireless & security
- Previous experience in deploying and managing MPLS
- CMNO, CMNA and/or CCIE – highly regarded
- Service provider and enterprise network design – highly regarded
- Diagnose and troubleshooting skills for routing, wireless, security, switching and other various related network related issues
- Design and Architecture – able to do high- and low-level designs
- Firewall technologies (Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco ASA)
- DevOps (highly desirable)
- Previous experience working in a customer facing role in a project/support capacity
- Previous experience in leading multiple project engagements
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Cisco Meraki SD-WAN and full stack
- Cisco Viptela
- Cisco DNA
- Fortinet (SDWAN and Security)
- Datacentre – highly regarded
- Cloud connectivity – highly regarded
- Cisco voice – highly regarded
Why should you work for us?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company, and we offer you:
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal new function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history.
- A range of employee benefits including income protection, internet connections and mobile phone allowances.
- Opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further.
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a covering letter through the links below. Your covering letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.