Security Consultant – Cyber Services
We are looking for an experienced Security Consultant to join our growing team in Sydney.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture in which team members are expected to be proactive, self-sufficient and hands on. You will be part of a highly motivated technical assurance team with a blue-chip client base across a wide range of industry sectors. The role offers the ability for the right candidate to work both from our offices and remotely from home.
Who is Orro?
Orro is an Australian technology success story. A platform-enabled, secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We are the combination of 5 companies with over 20 years of experience, who each bring subject matter expertise and depth of knowledge to any conversation and solution.
We lead the industry in designing, building and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility and resilience. Our end-to-end, platform-enabled solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses and over 20 million Australians every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. Therefore, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
What is the role?
As a Security Consultant in the Cyber division, this role will require you to undertake security architecture and consulting support across a broad range of client engagements. You will collaborate with Cyber’s Assurance and Managed Services teams to develop creative and innovative security solutions.
- Perform information security risk and compliance services to assist customers to meet regulatory obligations;
- Lead and actively deliver security engagements in line with industry best practice;
- Support customers in implementing or aligning to security frameworks including ISO 27000, NIST CSF, CPS 234, SANS CSC 20, ASD Essential 8, PCI DSS;
- Undertake security reviews, vulnerability assessments, security audits and application reviews and make recommendations;
- Security planning, design, scoping, implementation and administration services within complex computing environments;
- Develop, write and introduce security policies within various client environments;
- Create and maintain a library of response material, report templates and white papers;
- Evaluate customer needs, document solution options and clearly communicate the value proposition;
- Build client relationships and showcase Orro’s capability;
- Provide pre-sales support;
- Mentor and assist in the development of Orro staff and maturing information security programs;
- Review products, technologies and techniques to determine applicability to Orro’s services and client requirements;
We are looking for applicants with a good mix of the following skills, knowledge & experience:
- 3+ years as a security consultant / security architect (or equivalent)
- Experience in Financial Services, Public Sector and Medium to Large enterprises
- Experience in relevant security certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, SABSA, GIAC
- Experience in security assessments
- Provision of security guidance, advice and input into both Agile and Waterfall style projects
- Experience in a range of consulting and architecture activities throughout the life of application and infrastructure development projects
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing national organisation – we were named Fortinet’s APAC Partner of year for 2021
- Orro was named in the Australian Financial Review’s “Fast 100 list”, a list that includes some of the fastest growing companies for 2021
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history
- A competitive remuneration package
- An opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further
Note: The role is restricted to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents only and will be subject to state and federal police background checks.
Why should you work for us?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company with a wealth of experience and expertise. We welcome and celebrate Diversity of perspectives, background, and experience. This is what leads us to be an employer of choice. We are a company that takes its Corporate Social Responsibility seriously and tries its best to positively impact the society and the environment in all possible ways. Here’s a glance of what we offer you:
Other employee benefits include public holiday swaps to support family responsibilities and diversity with religious holidays, parental and caregiver leave policies, flexible working, Orro-wide mentoring program, and an emerging leader’s development program.
We also give 3 x paid volunteer days, novated leasing, employee discounts, access to our wellbeing platform providing exercise programs and food tips to help you reach your health and fitness goals!
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a cover letter through the link below. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.