Security Analyst – Cyber Services
We are looking for 2 Security Analyst to join our growing team in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture that promotes personal initiative, self-sufficiency, and the ability to be hands-on with your work. You will be part of a highly motivated team, on a mission to create “future now” solutions that make it faster, simpler, and safer for people to access, store and share information – wherever, whenever and with whomever they want.
We are Orro
Orro is an Australian technology success story with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and internationally in the Philippines and UK. Orro is a secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building, and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility, and resilience. Our end-to-end solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses and over 20 million Australians every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. So, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
About the role
As a member of the Managed Security Services team in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, a Security Analyst will be focused on working with the team to perform ongoing operations, administration and development of security systems. You will continuously work towards high confidence and high-fidelity detection rules leveraging anomalous or suspicious events in collaboration with other SOC team members, including SOC Engineers and Operations.
Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Investigate malicious phishing e-mails, domains and IP’s using open source and sector intelligence
- Recognise potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through correlation analysis of relevant event detail and summary information
- Conduct proactive monitoring, investigation, and escalation of security incidents
- Provide implementation services for customer and internal security projects, including all facets of customer liaison, and problem resolution to ensure successful completion
- Provide operational support and project support with clients, taking the initiative to drive improvement and deliver successful outcomes for customers
- Provide mentoring and operational guidance to less experienced team members
We are looking for a well-organised professional, with initiative and enthusiasm. You will have at least 3 years of relevant experience and will have a good mix of the following skills, knowledge & experience:
- Experience leading high performing technical teams
- Experience with Microsoft security platforms including Sentinel, Defender
- Experience working with Linux and/or Unix based systems
- Experience with vulnerability management technologies such as Tenable, Qualys, etc.
- Experience of working/supporting large scale IT Security Operations practices
- Solid understanding of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework add cyber kill-chain
- Knowledge of security principles and techniques and understanding of IT security related technologies (e.g., Endpoint Detection and Response, data encryption, PKI, DLP/IDS, etc.)
- Knowledge of standards and frameworks including, NIST, and ISO/IEC 27000 series
- Ability to achieve security clearances
- Ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiar with the cloud computing, networking, firewall, and ITSM concepts
Note: This role is subject to state and federal police background checks.
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company with a wealth of experience and expertise. We welcome and celebrate diversity of perspectives, background, and experience. We are committed to creating a workplace that supports diversity of all cultures including LGBTQI and those living with a disability including those on the autism spectrum.
If you require any assistance with submitting your application or need to discuss reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
We are also a company that takes its Corporate Social Responsibility seriously and we try our best to positively impact society and the environment in all possible ways. You can review some of our initiatives here.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing national organisation – we were recognised as one of Australia’s fastest growing companies, making the 2021 AFR Fast100 list.
- Orro was also named Fortinet’s APAC Partner of the Year 2021.
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate, and operate.
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- An opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further.
We also support our staff and their loved ones in a variety of ways, including public holiday swaps to support family responsibilities and diversity with religious holidays. Parental and caregiver leave policies, flexible working, Orro-wide mentoring program, and an emerging leaders development program. Additionally, we give 3 x paid volunteer days, novated leasing, employee discounts, as well as access to our wellbeing platform providing exercise programs and food tips to help you reach your health and fitness goals!
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a cover letter through the link below. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.