Professional Service Manager – Cyber Services
We are looking for an experienced Professional Service Manager to join our growing team in Sydney or Melbourne.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture in which team members are expected to be proactive, self-sufficient and hands on. You will be part of a highly motivated technical assurance team with a blue-chip client base across a wide range of industry sectors. The role offers the ability for the right candidate to work both from our offices and remotely from home.
Who is Orro?
Orro is an Australian technology success story. A platform-enabled, secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We are the combination of 5 companies with over 20 years of experience, who each bring subject matter expertise and depth of knowledge to any conversation and solution.
We lead the industry in designing, building and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility and resilience. Our end-to-end, platform-enabled solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses and over 20 million Australians every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. Therefore, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
What is the role?
As a Professional Service Manager in the Cyber division, your tenured experience in resource management will guide you in forecast preparation, scheduling resources and supporting the Assurance and Professional Service teams in day to day line management.
This role will require you to:
- Manage the Assurance and Professional Services teams in a day to day capacity
- Create employee performance metrics and development plans
- Mentor and coach employees
- Coordinate with HR for recruitment, run interviews, review applications, provide job descriptions
- Maintain and improve utilisation of billable resources and monitor the financial status of projects
- Schedule and coordinate resources to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Oversee the progress of projects, emphasising client satisfaction
- Assist in bids and proposals including deal governance & signoff
- Develop and maintain strong vendor and partner relationships
- Enable efficient transition from sales to delivery
- Support technical leads with service delivery for each business unit
We are looking for applicants with a good mix of the following skills, knowledge & experience:
- A proven track record in resource management, service delivery and people management
- Extensive people management skills
- Ability to work to a plan and budget
- Understanding of business fundamentals essential for continuous cost management and business justification
- Understands the impact of decisions on project outcomes, strategies, operations and budget
- Develops plans for medium to long term objectives of the Cyber Professional Services business unit
- Identifies future opportunities and potential problems and accommodates these into plans
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client, supplier and vendor relationships
- Understanding of the technology and solutions associated with Cyber Security
- Ability to manage several national and international based resources across multiple projects
Note: The role is restricted to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents only and will be subject to state and federal police background checks.
Why should you work for us?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company with a wealth of experience and expertise. We welcome and celebrate Diversity of perspectives, background, and experience. This is what leads us to be an employer of choice. We are a company that takes its Corporate Social Responsibility seriously and tries its best to positively impact the society and the environment in all possible ways. Here’s a glance of what we offer you:
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing national organisation – we were named Fortinet’s APAC Partner of year for 2021
- Orro was named in the Australian Financial Review’s “Fast 100 list”, a list that includes some of the fastest growing companies for 2021
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history
- A competitive remuneration package
- An opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further
Other employee benefits include public holiday swaps to support family responsibilities and diversity with religious holidays, parental and caregiver leave policies, flexible working, Orro-wide mentoring program, and an emerging leader’s development program.
We also give 3 x paid volunteer days, novated leasing, employee discounts, access to our wellbeing platform providing exercise programs and food tips to help you reach your health and fitness goals!
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a cover letter through the link below. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.