Penetration Tester – Cyber Services
We are looking for an experienced Penetration Tester to join our growing team in Sydney.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture that promotes personal initiative, self-sufficiency, and the ability to be hands-on with your work. You will be part of a highly motivated team, on a mission to create “future now” solutions that make it faster, simpler, and safer for people to access, store and share information – wherever, whenever and with whomever they want.
We are Orro
Orro is an Australian technology success story with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and internationally in the Philippines and UK. Orro is a secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building, and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility, and resilience. Our end-to-end solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses and over 20 million Australians every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. So, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
About the role
As a Penetration Tester, this role will include practical hands-on penetration testing across a broad range of systems, networks, applications and services to meet our client’s security objectives. This is a technically focused role which will support and collaborate with Cyber consulting and managed services security teams to develop creative and innovative security solutions.
- Hands-on technical security / penetration testing of web and other applications, Red Teaming, vulnerability assessments, mobile application testing, wireless configuration reviews, thick client testing, code reviews and other security assurance activities
- Ongoing contribution to the security assurance strategies, tools and practices to maintain efficient and effective outcomes for our clients
- Integration of security assurance activities within various projects
- Working with project and operational stakeholders to identify security defects and provide remediation advice for resolution
- Communicating security defect information to project and operational stakeholders
We are looking for applicants with:
- Linux use and administration
- Scripting in python, bash / unix tools
- Web application development (any languages)
- Networking – routing and diagnostics, firewalls
- Vulnerability discovery, scanning, testing
- Log analysis and SIEM
- Web server and desktop security solutions – e.g. WAF, RASP, EDR
We are looking for someone who enjoys fast pace nature of a dynamic and growing organisation, who is hungry and proven, who has a ‘Whatever it takes attitude – Not the clock-on/clock-off type’ and will have a good mix of the following skills, knowledge & experience, which will set you apart from other applicants:
- Ability to think creatively and laterally in complex situations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of emerging security techniques, vulnerabilities and approaches
- Knowledge across a variety of platforms, operating systems and networked environments
- Experience with penetration testing frameworks, tools and methodologies
- Experience across Red Teaming, web application penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, mobile application testing, wireless configuration reviews, thick client testing, code reviews and other security assurance activities
- Experience participating in Capture The Flag (CTF), boot-to-root or other hacking challenges and competitions is a plus
- Proficiency with programming or scripting languages is highly desirable
- Relevant industry certifications or other self-study is a plus (CREST, OSCP, etc)
Note: The role is restricted to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents only and will be subject to state and federal police background checks.
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company with a wealth of experience and expertise. We welcome and celebrate diversity of perspectives, background, and experience. We are committed to creating a workplace that supports diversity of all cultures including LGBTQI and those living with a disability including those on the autism spectrum.
If you require any assistance with submitting your application or need to discuss reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also a company that takes its Corporate Social Responsibility seriously and we try our best to positively impact society and the environment in all possible ways. You can review some of our initiatives here.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing national organisation – we were recognised as one of Australia’s fastest growing companies, making the 2021 AFR Fast100 list.
- Orro was also named Fortinet’s APAC Partner of the Year 2021.
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate, and operate.
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- An opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further.
We also support our staff and their loved ones in a variety of ways, including public holiday swaps to support family responsibilities and diversity with religious holidays. Parental and caregiver leave policies, flexible working, Orro-wide mentoring program, and an emerging leaders development program.
Additionally, we give 3 x paid volunteer days, novated leasing, employee discounts, as well as access to our wellbeing platform providing exercise programs and food tips to help you reach your health and fitness goals!
How do I apply?
Submit your resume, including a cover letter through the link below. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.