Network Engineer – Network Services
We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our growing Core Network team in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture that promotes personal initiative, self-sufficiency, and the ability to be hands-on with your work. You will be part of a highly motivated team, on a mission to create “future now” solutions that make it faster, simpler, and safer for people to access, store and share information – wherever, whenever and with whomever they want
We Are Orro
Orro is an Australian technology success story with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and internationally in the Philippines and UK. Orro is a secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building, and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility, and resilience. Our end-to-end solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress
out of tech for more than 400 businesses and over 20 million Australians every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. So, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
About the role
This role will be working as part of the wider Core Network team, assisting the Senior Network Engineers and be responsible for the Orro’s national and international MPLS network, including operation of the core network using agreed practices on a 24×7 basis, striving to achieve agreed levels of availability and service and providing support for the core network and related infrastructure, including:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Capacity Management
- Release Management
Your main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Technical Support for Core Network and related products
- Maintaining the core network at the agreed service level, by using the agreed equipment life cycle and information systems practises.
- Monitoring of core network infrastructure for real-time and historical reporting.
- Providing assistance for network and systems issues, including being an escalation point.
- Provisioning and installation of new core network equipment
- Provisioning and maintaining vendor and carrier connectivity as part of the core network, to the agreed resilience and spare capacity levels
- Ensuring network equipment is kept secure and patched to agreed levels, with severity 1 vulnerabilities to be addressed within 72 hours with an appropriate action plan.
- Ensuring core network documentation and system records are kept accurate and up to date
- Managing Orro’s data centre environments and physical equipment that supports the core network, ensuring that agreed standards and capacity are maintained.
- Developing and maintaining standards for the core network and edge devices connected to it
- Developing automation systems for configuration and monitoring of network devices
Business Management Discipline
- Attending regular support stand-up meetings, and other operational forums as required.
- Ensuring timely and accurate compliance with company policies and procedures, provisioning of business data and development of business performance reports.
- Ensuring database accuracy and relevance to service and device records, specifically the engineering aspects of this data.
Revenue and profitability growth
- Contribute to the achievement of the Managed Services revenue and profit targets.
- Provide technical advice for the network and related products to the sales and presales teams.
- Understand the product strategies within Orro and how they are positioned with respect to our customers, business partners and competitors.
- Work with the product team to develop new products.
To succeed in this role, the following skills, knowledge and experience are desired:
- Experience in enterprise or service provider network operation.
- Experience with MPLS networks
- Experience in troubleshooting in dynamic routing environments
- Experience with managing core network routers and switches
- Experience working in data centre environments
- Familiarity with using packet captures and other diagnostic tools to analyse network issues
- Demonstrated ability to work well with key stakeholders, customers, peers and colleagues.
- Knowledge of SD-WAN technologies (Meraki, Fortinet, Viptela)
- Formal tertiary qualifications in IT or related fields, or minimum 2 years networking experience in a service provider or enterprise environment.
- Cisco certifications (CCNA/CCNP)
- Fortinet certifications (NSE 4 or higher)
- Meraki certifications (CMNA/CMNO, ECMS 1/2)
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company with a wealth of experience and expertise. We welcome and celebrate diversity of perspectives, background, and experience. We are committed to creating a workplace that supports diversity of all cultures including LGBTQI and those living with a disability including those on the autism spectrum.
If you require any assistance with submitting your application or need to discuss reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also a company that takes its Corporate Social Responsibility seriously and we try our best to positively impact the society and the environment in all possible ways. You can review some of our initiatives here.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing national organisation – we were recognised as one of Australia’s fastest growing companies, making the 2021 AFR Fast100 list.
- Orro was also named Fortinet’s APAC Partner of the Year 2021.
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate, and operate.
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history.
- A competitive remuneration package.
We also support our staff and their loved ones in a variety of ways, including public holiday swaps to support family responsibilities and diversity with religious holidays.
Additionally, we give 3 x paid volunteer days, employee discounts, as well as access to our wellbeing platform providing exercise programs and food tips to help you reach your health and fitness goals!
How do I apply?
Submit your resume, including a cover letter through the link below. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.