We are looking for an experienced Network Architect to join our growing team.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture in which team members are expected to be proactive, self-sufficient and hands on. You will be part of a highly motivated team of over-achievers charged with leading the design of network solutions for major enterprise accounts, as well as demonstrating technical leadership across the business.
Who is Orro?
Orro is an Australian technology success story. A platform-enabled, secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility and resilience. And our end-to-end, platform-enabled solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses every day.
But we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. So we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
What is the role?
We are looking for a Network Architect that will evangelize technology to assist the sales and delivery teams with the design of network solutions for clients. Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide Pre-sales technical support to sales team throughout sales cycle.
- Provide architecture, design and governance on projects sold including working with PMO, Solutions Engineers and customers.
- Assist with installation, configuration and maintenance of enterprise network solutions if required.
- Creating technical solutions as per the customer business requirements.
- Preparing and documenting high and detailed level design documents.
- Technical Lead for delivering and completing the solution build/configurations/migration activities.
- Maintaining quality of work – review and validate the technical configurations.
- Providing the advice/resolution for any technical issues as required.
- Providing informed security advice to engineering and architecture teams on infrastructure projects.
- Assisting Sales to achieve budgets.
Working alongside other teams, including Sales, Pre-sales, Projects, and Support you will provide technical leadership across areas including:
- SD-WAN (Meraki / Fortinet)
- MPLS & VRF
- Routing protocols – BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIPv2
- Traffic engineering
- SNMP, IP SLA
- Network Management tools
- Palo Alto (Firewalls)
- Cisco Network hardware ASA and switches (Nexus 2k, 5k and 7k as well as catalyst)
- DevOps experience
- Ansible skillsets (desirable but not the highest priority)
- Coding and API skillsets (desirable but not the highest priority)
We are looking for a well organised professional, with initiative and enthusiasm. You will have more than 5 years’ experience in a Network Architecture/Consulting role and will have a good mix of the following skills, knowledge & experience.
- SD-WAN (Meraki / Fortinet)
- Advanced routing, switching and security skills
- Experience working on large enterprise networks in multivendor environments
- Experience in datacentre network technologies
- Experience in troubleshooting and management in dynamic routing
- Understanding of telecommunications carriers and integrator technologies / products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in proactively building relationships with key stakeholders/customers, peers and colleagues
Why should you work for us?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company, and we offer you:
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal new function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history.
- A range of employee benefits including income protection, internet connections and mobile phone allowances.
- Opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further.
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a covering letter through the links below. Your covering letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.