Level 4 Support Engineer – Cloud Services
Are you proactive, self-sufficient and a natural leader?
We are looking for an experienced Level 4 Support Engineer in our Cloud Services Group to join our team in Sydney.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture that promotes personal initiative, self-sufficiency, and the ability to be hands-on with your work. You will be part of a highly motivated team, on a mission to create “future now” solutions that make it faster, simpler, and safer for people to access, store and share information – wherever, whenever and with whomever they want.
We are Orro
Orro is an Australian technology success story with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and internationally in the Philippines and UK. Orro is a secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building, and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility, and resilience. Our end-to-end solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses and over 20 million Australians every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. So, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
You will be proactive especially in two key areas. Firstly, you have a strong focus on problem resolution, with the ability to identify trends and work towards improving statistical outcomes. You will be well-versed in problem management and ensuring recurring issues are resolved effectively.
Secondly, you will be a natural technical leader who inspires confidence in your team. You will be approachable and knowledgeable, with the ability to answer questions and provide one-on-one training to your team members. So in the event of an incident, you will be able to guide your team towards a resolution and act as a mentor.
Experience in MSP is preferred, as this will provide valuable insight into the challenges faced in this field. However, all experience will be considered if you can demonstrate success at a high level in a similar technical leadership role.
About the role
Are you eager to demonstrate your technical proficiency in a dynamic and rapidly changing setting? Our Support Services team is currently searching for a proficient subject matter expert who can provide unparalleled technical assistance on all customer platforms. As a vital member of our team, you will play an essential part in guaranteeing the smooth restoration of services. Additionally, you will lead the way in supporting and equipping our team with the most up-to-date technical abilities.
- Resolve escalated support issues from Level 2 and 3 support engineers.
- Serve as a technical expert in Microsoft technologies, including Cloud (Azure/M365), On-premise virtualization (VMWare/Hyper-V), and VDI (Citrix/Horizon).
- Build and maintain enterprise hardware infrastructure, including servers and SAN storage for on-premise and data center environments.
- Assist PMO in project design and delivery across various technologies, including Windows Server, Exchange, O365, VMWare, and Citrix platforms.
- Manage dedicated servers and platforms for hosted customers.
- Proficient in designing, implementing, and managing Active Directory environments, including services such as DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy.
- Experienced in implementing Azure services, including Azure AD, IAM, licensing, and conditional access.
- Skilled in scripting languages such as PowerShell and Python to automate tasks and enhance productivity.
- Capable of implementing VMware solutions utilizing their product range.
- Able to implement Citrix solutions utilizing their product range.
- Certification or possessing a minimum of 5 years of industry experience in Azure / M365 and VMWare / Hyper V and Citrix / Horizon and Powershell is required.
What’s in it for you?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company, and we offer you:
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal new function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history.
- A range of employee benefits including: hybrid flexible working, tech allowance, 3 x paid volunteer days, public holiday leave swaps, paid parental and inclusive leave, salary packaging, employee discounts, wellbeing platform etc.
- Opportunity for development career advancement as our business expands further.
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a covering letter through the link below. Your covering letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.