Level 1 NOC Engineers – Cloud Services (Clark, Philippines)
We are looking for Level 1 NOC Engineers to join our growing Cloud Services team in Clark.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture that promotes personal initiative, self-sufficiency, and the ability to be hands-on with your work. You will be part of a highly motivated team, on a mission to create “future now” solutions that make it faster, simpler, and safer for people to access, store and share information – wherever, whenever and with whomever they want.
We Are Orro
Orro is an Australian technology success story with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and internationally in the Philippines and UK. Orro is a secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building, and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility, and resilience. Our end-to-end solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses and over 20 million Australians every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. So, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
About the Role
As a Level 1 NOC Engineer you will be primarily supporting and maintaining our MPLS backbone and down to customer edge devices, as well as growing the network reach as required. The role will test your diagnostics and resolution skills whilst maintaining our SLA’s and customer satisfaction.
As a member of the team, you will be focused on working with the team to perform ongoing operations, administration and support of network systems. Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and responding to device alarms/alerts and customer reported Data/Network Issues and outages
- Carries out agreed network maintenance tasks and specified operational configuration of network components.
- Establish and diagnose network problems/ faults using required troubleshooting methodology and tools
- Working with Carrier/Telco providers for fault investigations and resolution
- Uses network management software and tools to collect agreed performance and traffic statistics
- The role will test your diagnostics and resolution skills whilst maintaining our SLAs and customer satisfaction.
We are looking for a well organised professional, with initiative, enthusiasm and a collaborative can-do attitude. You will have demonstrated the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1-year hands-on experience with Cisco Networking in a service provider environment/Telco Company
- A minimum of a current CCNA/CCNP, though higher certifications like CCIE are desirable, but not required
- Experience with BGP/EIGRP/VRF/MPLS/RADIUS, carrier interconnect methodologies, and peering are essential
- Excellent diagnostic and resolution skills
- Meraki and Fortinet knowledge/experience highly regarded
- Minimum of NSE 1-4 certification is an advantage
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Strong customer service ethic and focus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Whilst previous experience is highly desirable, we also welcome graduates to apply to this role!
What’s in it for you?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company, and we offer you:
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal new function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history.
- A range of employee benefits including: hybrid flexible working, 3 x paid volunteer days, public holiday leave swaps, paid parental and inclusive leave, employee discounts, wellbeing platform etc.
- Opportunity for development career advancement as our business expands further.
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a cover letter through the link below. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.