Junior/Graduate Cyber Security Analyst – Cyber Services
We are looking for a Junior/Graduate Cyber Security Analyst to join our growing team in Sydney.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture that promotes personal initiative, self-sufficiency, and the ability to be hands-on with your work. You will be part of a highly motivated team, on a mission to create “future now” solutions that make it faster, simpler, and safer for people to access, store and share information – wherever, whenever and with whomever they want.
We are Orro
Orro is an Australian technology success story with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and internationally in the Philippines and UK. Orro is a secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building, and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility, and resilience. Our end-to-end solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses and over 20 million Australians every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. So, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
About the role
As a Junior/Graduate Cyber Security Analyst, this position will be focused on serving our clients in the areas of Cyber security & privacy services, including security infrastructure support, security assurance services and incident handling. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to support our customers both within Orro Group’s Cyber Security Operations Centre and on customer sites.
As an Orro Group’s Jr/Grad Cyber Security Analyst you will work with our team to support the Managed Services Manager in the delivery of security services to our domestic and global clients.
This role will provide an opportunity to work alongside Orro Group’s experienced team, acquire new skills and support Orro Group’s products and services. You will also receive on-the-job training to provide the necessary skills.
Career progression opportunities for Orro Group’s Cyber security analysts include:
- Security Analytics
- Security Assurance and Testing
- Security Consulting
- Security Architecture.
This role is suitable for those that have knowledge and/or experience with some of the following:
- Linux use and administration
- Scripting in Python, Bash / Unix tools
- Web application development (any languages)
- Networking – routing and diagnostics, firewalls
- Vulnerability discovery, scanning, testing
- Log analysis and SIEM
- Web server and desktop security solutions – e.g. WAF, RASP, EDR
- Knowledge of Ansible, Jenkins/CI or similar
- Product knowledge/experience with any of Splunk, Qualys, Tenable, Azure, AWS, ELK, Palo Alto
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Reliability / Maturity
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under direction, establishing and maintaining excellent internal and peer relationships
Note: This role is subject to state and federal police background checks.
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company with a wealth of experience and expertise. We welcome and celebrate diversity of perspectives, background, and experience. We are committed to creating a workplace that supports diversity of all cultures including LGBTQI and those living with a disability including those on the autism spectrum.
If you require any assistance with submitting your application or need to discuss reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
We are also a company that takes its Corporate Social Responsibility seriously and we try our best to positively impact society and the environment in all possible ways. You can review some of our initiatives here.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing national organisation – we were recognised as one of Australia’s fastest growing companies, making the 2021 AFR Fast100 list.
- Orro was also named Fortinet’s APAC Partner of the Year 2021.
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate, and operate.
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- An opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further.
We also support our staff and their loved ones in a variety of ways, including public holiday swaps to support family responsibilities and diversity with religious holidays. Parental and caregiver leave policies, flexible working, Orro-wide mentoring program, and an emerging leaders development program. Additionally, we give 3 x paid volunteer days, novated leasing, employee discounts, as well as access to our wellbeing platform providing exercise programs and food tips to help you reach your health and fitness goals!
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a cover letter through the link below. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.