Junior/Graduate Cyber Security Analyst – Cyber Services
We are looking for a Junior/Graduate Cyber Security Analyst to join our growing team.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture in which team members are expected to be proactive, self-sufficient and hands on. You will be part of a highly motivated team of over-achievers and management of new and existing clients.
Who is Orro?
Orro is an Australian technology success story. A platform-enabled, secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility and resilience. Our end-to-end, platform-enabled solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. Therefore, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
What is the role?
Orro Group requires a Junior/Graduate Cyber Security Analyst to join our growing Melbourne and Sydney based Managed Security team. This environment provides exposure to a broad range of technologies and industries along with opportunities to develop professional and technical skills. This position will be focused on serving our clients in the areas of Cyber security & privacy services, including security infrastructure support, security assurance services and incident handling. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to support our customers both within Orro Group’s Cyber Security Operations Centre and on customer sites.
To succeed in this role it is expected that you have basic networking knowledge, application skills, working knowledge of Linux, and good written and verbal communication skills. Orro Group will provide on-the-job training to provide the necessary skills.
As an Orro Group’s Cyber Security Analyst you will work with our team to support the Managed Services Manager in the delivery of security services to our domestic and global clients.
This role will provide an opportunity to work alongside Orro Group’s experienced team, acquire new skills and support Orr Group’s products and services.
Career progression opportunities for Orro Group’s Cyber security analysts include: Security Analytics, Security Assurance and Testing, Security Consulting and Security Architecture.
This role is suitable for those that have knowledge and/or experience with some of the following:
- Linux use and administration
- Scripting in Python, Bash / Unix tools
- Web application development (any languages)
- Networking – routing and diagnostics, firewalls
- Vulnerability discovery, scanning, testing
- Log analysis and SIEM
- Web server and desktop security solutions – e.g. WAF, RASP, EDR
We are looking for someone who enjoys fast pace nature of a dynamic and growing organisation, who is hungry and proven, who has a ‘Whatever it takes attitude – Not the clock-on/clock-off type’ and will have a good mix of the following skills, knowledge & experience, which will set you apart from other applicants:
- Knowledge of Ansible, Jenkins/CI or similar
- Product knowledge/experience with any of Splunk, Qualys, Tenable, Azure, AWS, ELK, Palo Alto
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Reliability / Maturity
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under direction, establishing and maintaining excellent internal and peer relationships
Note: The role is restricted to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents only and will be subject to state and federal police background checks.
Why should you work for us?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company, and we offer you:
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing national organisation
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate
- A competitive remuneration package
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history
- A range of employee benefits including 3 x paid volunteer days, internet/mobile allowances, novated leasing, employee discounts, wellbeing platform etc.
- Opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a covering letter through the link below. Your covering letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.