Junior Cybersecurity Engineers – Cyber Services (Manila, Philippines)
We are looking for Junior Cybersecurity Engineers to join our growing Cyber Services team in Manila.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture that promotes personal initiative, self-sufficiency, and the ability to be hands-on with your work. You will be part of a highly motivated team, on a mission to create “future now” solutions that make it faster, simpler, and safer for people to access, store and share information – wherever, whenever and with whomever they want.
We Are Orro
Orro is an Australian technology success story with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and internationally in the Philippines and UK. Orro is a secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building, and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility, and resilience. Our end-to-end solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses and over 20 million Australians every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. So, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
About the Role
As a Junior Cybersecurity Engineer, this position will be focused on supporting an existing financial services client in the areas of cyber security & privacy services, including security infrastructure support and incident handling within a data driven, greenfields environment.
To succeed in this role it is expected that you have basic knowledge of networking, firewall management, endpoint protection management, alert triage, application skills as well as a working knowledge of Windows and Linux. Orro will provide additional on-the-job training to provide the necessary skills with customer specific tools.
As a member of the team, you will be focused on working with the team to perform ongoing operations, administration and development of security systems. Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Recognise potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through correlation analysis of relevant event detail and summary information
- Conduct proactive monitoring, investigation, and escalation of security incidents
- Perform service requests including administration and configuration of security controls
- Provide operational support and project support, taking the initiative to drive improvement and deliver successful outcomes
- Work as part of a team improving the organisation’s security posture
- Maintain existing processes and procedures
- Provide efficient and effective responses and resolutions to meet SLA targets
We are looking for a well organised professional, with initiative, enthusiasm and a collaborative can-do attitude. You will have minimum 1 years experience and will have a good mix of the following skills, knowledge & experience.
- Product knowledge/experience with security of cloud technologies, such as Azure and/or AWS.
- Product knowledge/experience with Vulnerability Management technologies, such as Qualys, etc.
- Product knowledge/experience with Endpoint Protect Management, such as Carbon Black EDR, Palo Alto XDR, Cisco Secure Endpoint and/or Microsoft Defender.
- Product knowledge/experience with Firewall Management, such as Palo Alto, Checkpoint and/or Fortinet.
- Product knowledge/experience with SIEM products, such as Splunk and/or Microsoft Sentinel.
- Experience working with Windows and Linux/Unix based systems
- Possess confident and strong oral and written communication skills
- Display an attention to detail and concern for accuracy
- Be able to work autonomously and display initiative in a calm and efficient manner
What’s in it for you?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company, and we offer you:
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal new function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history.
- A range of employee benefits including: hybrid flexible working, tech allowance, 3 x paid volunteer days, public holiday leave swaps, paid parental and inclusive leave, salary packaging, employee discounts, wellbeing platform etc.
- Opportunity for development career advancement as our business expands further.
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a cover letter through the link below. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.