Junior Cyber Security Analyst – Cyber Services
We are looking for an Junior Cyber Security Analyst to join our growing team in Brisbane.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture that promotes personal initiative, self-sufficiency, and the ability to be hands-on with your work. You will be part of a highly motivated team, on a mission to create “future now” solutions that make it faster, simpler, and safer for people to access, store and share information – wherever, whenever and with whomever they want.
We Are Orro
Orro is an Australian technology success story with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and internationally in the Philippines and UK. Orro is a secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building, and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility, and resilience. Our end-to-end solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses and over 20 million Australians every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. So, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
About the Role
As a member of the Managed Security Services team, an Junior Cyber Security Analyst will be focused on working with the team to perform ongoing operations, administration and development of security systems. You will continuously work towards high confidence and high-fidelity detection rules leveraging anomalous or suspicious events in collaboration with other SOC team members, including SOC Engineers and Operations.
Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Investigate malicious phishing e-mails, domains and IP’s using open source and sector intelligence
- Recognise potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through correlation analysis of relevant event detail and summary information
- Conduct proactive monitoring, investigation, and escalation of security incidents
- Provide implementation services for customer and internal security projects, including all facets of customer liaison, and problem resolution to ensure successful completion
- Provide operational support and project support with clients, taking the initiative to drive improvement and deliver successful outcomes for customers
- Provide mentoring and operational guidance to less experienced team member
We are looking for a well-organised professional, with initiative and enthusiasm. You will have at least 3 years of relevant experience and will have a good mix of the following skills, knowledge & experience:
- Experience leading high performing technical teams
- Experience with Microsoft security platforms including Sentinel, Defender
- Experience working with Linux and/or Unix based systems
- Experience with vulnerability management technologies such as Tenable, Qualys, etc.
- Experience of working/supporting large scale IT Security Operations practices
- Solid understanding of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework add cyber kill-chain
- Knowledge of security principles and techniques and understanding of IT security related technologies (e.g., Endpoint Detection and Response, data encryption, PKI, DLP/IDS, etc.)
- Knowledge of standards and frameworks including, NIST, and ISO/IEC 27000 series
- Ability to achieve security clearances
- Ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiar with the cloud computing, networking, firewall, and ITSM concepts
Note: The role will be subject to state and federal police background checks.
What’s in it for you?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company, and we offer you:
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal new function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history.
- A range of employee benefits including: hybrid flexible working, tech allowance, 3 x paid volunteer days, public holiday leave swaps, paid parental and inclusive leave, salary packaging, employee discounts, wellbeing platform etc.
- Opportunity for development career advancement as our business expands further.
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a covering letter through the link below. Your covering letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.