Graduate Programmer – Development Team – Brisbane
We have a position available for Graduate Programmer within our development team based in our Brisbane office.
Orro is a fast growing medium sized B2B telecommunications business providing a range of telecommunications products and services. Orro has a supportive team-based culture in which team members are expected to be proactive, self-sufficient and hands on.
Who is Orro?
Orro is an Australian technology success story. A platform-enabled, secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility and resilience. Our end-to-end, platform-enabled solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. Therefore, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
What is the role?
You will be working with our industry leading One Touch Control (OTC) platform which provides an Enterprise Telco Management solution. OTC has a range of features for our customers and staff, it provides End-To-End CRM from lead generation to network management and beyond. Our goal is keeping OTC current and always one step ahead of our competition. This role is a graduate position where you will have the opportunity to develop the learnings you have gained from your academic achievements.
This role is ideal for someone looking to learn fast, take on challenges, find solutions and working in a very agile environment. You will be required to code, and your coding skills / programming techniques will be used to develop innovative solutions to new features as well performing maintenance activities.
The role is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to learn, grow and work for a company that is leading the field with industry recognised OTC platform.
- Based in Brisbane
- PHP Programmer (Junior level)
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent personal, written and communication skills
- HTML Design skills will be highly regarded
- Devops skills will be highly regarded
- Working from home available
The Graduate Programmer will work within a team and contribute to the overall objectives of
- Building software solutions for business problems
- Automate and streamline business workflow
- And, once a solution has been reached, to
- QA, deploy, train and document new functionality to the business stakeholders
Core objectives include:
- Provide a programming capability in the enhancement and maintenance of One Touch Control – Orro’s enterprise network management platform
- Perform maintenance activities as required
- Attend internal customer meetings to gather new requirements and document
- Develop a core skill to continually improve the performance of One Touch Control
- Maintain application documentation
- Test changes before migrating to a production environment
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Some experience working on MVC frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience with GIT
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Demonstrated ability in proactively building relationships with key stakeholders, customers, peers and colleagues.
- Excellent academic results in the programming area’s
- Excellent interpersonal and consultative skills
- Positive, proactive approach and takes ownership for assigned tasks
- Diligent with good attention to detail
Why should you work for us?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company, and we offer you:
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing national organisation
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate
- A competitive remuneration package
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history
- A range of employee benefits including 3 x paid volunteer days, internet/mobile allowances, novated leasing, employee discounts, wellbeing platform etc.
- Opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a covering letter through the link below. Your covering letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.