Cyber Security Consultant – Cyber Services
We are looking for an experienced Cyber Security Consultant to join our team in Sydney.
Orro has a supportive team-based culture in which team members are expected to be proactive, self-sufficient and hands on. You will be part of a highly motivated technical assurance team with a blue-chip client base across a wide range of industry sectors. The role offers the ability for the right candidate to work both from our offices and remotely from home.
We Are Orro
Orro is an Australian technology success story with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and internationally in the Philippines and UK. Orro is a secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building, and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility, and resilience. Our end-to-end solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses and over 20 million Australians every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. So, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
About the Role
As a Cyber Security Consultant in the Cyber division, this role will require you to undertake security architecture and consulting support across a broad range of client engagements. You will collaborate with Cyber’s Assurance, Professional Services and Managed Services teams to develop creative and innovative security solutions.
Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform information security risk and compliance services to assist customers to meet regulatory obligations;
- Lead and actively deliver security engagements in line with industry best practice;
- Support customers in implementing or aligning to security frameworks including ISO/IEC 27000 series, ISA/IEC 62443 series, NIST CSF, CPS 234, CIS CSC18, ACSC’s Essential 8, PCI DSS;
- Undertake security reviews, vulnerability assessments, security audits and application reviews and make recommendations;
- Security planning, design, scoping, implementation and administration services within complex computing environments;
- Develop, write and introduce security policies within various client environments;
- Create and maintain a library of response material, report templates and white papers;
- Evaluate customer needs, document solution options and clearly communicate the value proposition;
- Build client relationships and showcase Orro’s capability;
- Provide pre-sales support;
- Mentor and assist in the development of Orro staff and maturing information security programs;
- Review products, technologies and techniques to determine applicability to Orro’s services and client requirements;
We are looking for applicants with a good mix of the following skills, knowledge & experience:
- 3+ years of experience as a security consultant / security architect (or equivalent)
- Experience in Financial Services, Public Sector and Medium to Large enterprises
- Experience in relevant security certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, SABSA, GIAC
- Experience in security assessments
- Provision of security guidance, advice and input into both Agile and Waterfall style projects
- Experience in a range of consulting and architecture activities throughout the life of application and infrastructure development projects
Note: The role will be subject to national police background checks.
What’s in it for you?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company, and we offer you:
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal new function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history.
- A range of employee benefits including: hybrid flexible working, tech allowance, 3 x paid volunteer days, public holiday leave swaps, paid parental and inclusive leave, salary packaging, employee discounts, wellbeing platform etc.
- Opportunity for development career advancement as our business expands further.
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a covering letter through the link below. Your covering letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.