Business Development Manager – Digital Networks
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our growing team in Sydney. Orro has a supportive team-based culture in which team members are expected to be proactive, self-sufficient and hands on. You will be part of a highly motivated team of over-achievers that manage the pipeline and sales of new and existing clients.
Who is Orro?
Orro is an Australian technology success story. A platform-enabled, secure network and digital infrastructure provider trusted by some of Australia’s biggest brands to deliver them the future now, meeting the ever-changing needs of their markets, and our world.
We lead the industry in designing, building and operating digital infrastructure – providing greater efficiency, performance, agility and resilience. Our end-to-end, platform-enabled solutions, including cloud, collaboration, cyber and data services, take the stress out of tech for more than 400 businesses every day.
However, we never forget our job is to connect people, not machines. Therefore, we take the time to get to know our clients and learn how they like to work. It means we understand not just what they need now, but what they’ll need next.
What is the role?
As a Business Development Manager, you will be a self-starter focused on the acquisition of new clients. Excellent presentation skills will be a key to your success. You will have the ability to work under pressure and be a multi-tasker, while using all your proven skills and experience, within Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Sales, to drive business and customer satisfaction within the full suite of Orro product families, including:
- Digital Networks: LAN, WAN, SD-WAN
- Digital Infrastructure: DC, Private/Public/Hybrid Cloud
- Digital Workspace: Workspace, Collaboration, Contact Centre
- Cyber Security: Managed Security, Governance, Risk and Compliancy
Your role will be primarily focused on Digital Networks, however, includes the opportunity to extend into the additional product towers listed above.
You will provide a confident and knowledgeable approach to advanced sales and solutions at a board room level, as well as drive new sales and retention opportunities to completion.
At a high level, the Business Development Manager will:
- Build, progress and close sales pipeline
- Educate customers on the company product families and associated value proposition
- Lead the response on tenders as/when required
- Work within the national group to achieve personal/team budgets
We are looking for someone who enjoys the fast-paced nature of a dynamic and growing organisation, who is hungry and proven, who has a ‘Whatever it takes attitude – Not the clock-on/clock-off type’ and will have a good mix of skills, knowledge & the following experience.
- Previous Sales Experience working within the Telecommunication and Information technology.
- Experience in WAN/LAN technologies a must. Specifically:
- SD-WAN (Meraki/Viptela/Fortinet)
- Achieving/exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrating the ability to identify, engage and win new business
- (Desirable) Experience in Collaboration technologies desirable. Specifically:
- Cisco (Cisco HCS, Webex Calling and Contact Centre)
- Microsoft Teams Calling
- Experience selling Private/Public Hybrid Cloud
- Experience Selling Managed Security and Cyber Security
- Experience selling outsourced Managed Services
Why should you work for us?
Orro is an exciting Australian technology company, and we offer you:
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing national organisation
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and passionate team to change the way Australian businesses connect, collaborate and operate
- A competitive remuneration package
- An opportunity to drive a pivotal function within a growing business at an exciting point in its history
- A range of employee benefits including 3 x paid volunteer days, internet/mobile allowances, novated leasing, employee discounts, wellbeing platform etc.
- Opportunity for career advancement as our business expands further
How do I apply?
You are invited to submit your resume, including a covering letter through the link below. Your covering letter should be no longer than one page, explaining your suitability for the role.